Tuesday, April 11, 2017 Falcon News Information
“Hear me, O islands, listen, O distant peoples.”
Come out tonight to our STREAM, 4th Grade Living Museum, and PTO night!
Tuesday April 11, 2017 from 5:30-7:00 pm
A fun night for all families!
Here is a link to the flyer:
Plus, we will have a guest speaker from “A Kid’s Choice” Ms. Kim Slack. Parents of students who wish to provide scaffolding for their child who may be struggling in the areas of reading, writing, and spelling, will want to be present for our PTO meeting on Tuesday. Kim Slack of A-Kid’s-Choice Educational Services will be present to provide information on the opportunity to contract with their organization to provide services within the school day. Link to her information:
Please plan to attend!
- Students in grades 5-8 will recognize “Student Council” week Monday – Thursday April 10-14, 2017 with some fun events!
- Wednesday-Dress to Impress
- Wear your best outfit!
- Thursday-Spirit Day
- Show your Falcon Pride and wear Red, Black, and White!
- Wednesday-Dress to Impress
See the flyer for all details – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X3MXwsEidytZyyy0U7wiMXk6X4MK66deDcMUlDaqmr4/edit?usp=sharing
Annual St. Vincent De Paul Food Drive
Please read the flyer at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTTBiejFRWHhoeEU/view?usp=sharing
To assist in providing many families with food! St. Vincent De Paul collects food each year to fill their pantry to help families in need! Please send in items per the colonies or send in any food items you want to donate! All items are welcome! Let’s make this a great contribution year from SJS!
REMINDER – We have students walking to and from school around our area – please drive slowly and be careful when turning into a parking lot and also when driving out of the parking lots.
Colony 2 has a service project – please assist with this great project!
Tuition Raffle: Win a year with no tuition payments – each ticket is $20. Proceeds go to pay for the tuition and remaining monies to fix up the playgrounds and other landscaping items!
Registration fees for school year 2017-2018 increased April 1, 2017. Classes are starting to fill! Please go to TADs to complete registrations.
A reminder about tuition payments – make sure all are current as we approach the end of the school year. Students will not be allowed to go on end of the year field trips if tuition payments are not current. 8th grade students’ accounts must be paid in full by May 13, 2017 to participate in graduation and end of the year activities and class trip.
SAVE THE DATES – EVENTS AT SJS –IN 2017
- April 11, 2017 – PTO meeting – join us for the Living Museum and STREAM; attend the meeting to hear the great things our PTO is doing!
- April 11, 2017 – 4th grades presents “Living Museum” in the Family Life Center. Displays and presentations during the day and in the evening
- April 11, 2017 – STREAM Night – plan to join us for a fun evening – see flyer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IEjGY04DesDfIbliJOdf8aoT5r5y-EA5JeBqPG78-HQ/edit?usp=sharing
- April 10-13, 2017 – Student Council Week
- April 14 & April 17 – No School – Easter Break
- April 19, 2017 – 4th Mid-Quarter Progress reports go home
- April 25, 26, 27, and May 2, 3, and 4 – ASPIRE testing – please plan to be on time for school these days.
- April 28, 2017 (1/2 day) – Field Day at Messmer – more details coming soon!
- May 3, 2017 – Sports Banquet – in the Family Life Center (FLC) – 6:00 pm. Flyer being sent home very soon to order your dinner!
- May 5, 2017 – Kindergarten pictures in the AM
School Year 2017-2018 Calendar and Registration
Please see the School Year 2017-2018 Calendar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VUjVBdDEwZG8wcHc/view?usp=sharing
See the link for a registration packet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNWN1QXBkRnJBdjNVQ3pDUXJKZUI5a3FSWENZ/view?usp=sharing
COLONY UPDATES – Email Groups have been created in Plus Portals for emails to be sent to group members and families. Watch for emails on your child’s colony service project and upcoming events!
NEW Point Totals!
- Gemma (Dark Green) – 1132 points
- Thomas Aquinas (Kelly Green)- 1103 points
- Katharine Drexel (Light Blue) – 1098 points
- Augustine (Red) – 1089 points
- Genevieve (Navy) – 1084
- Margaret (Teal) – 1014 points
- John (Orange) – 1002 points
- Paul (Purple) – 945 points
- May 18th – students will wear their Colony T-shirt; participate in an activity for points!
- May 26th – announcement of the “Colony Cup” Winners
GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMP – April 29, 2017
All girls who will be in grades 4-8 next school year are invited to a one day basketball camp – April 29, 2017. Here is an online link (http://www.hallofhoops.com/) to register your student if they want to attend! Please sign up early – limited space for this great camp!
Remember to follow all carpool directions. Here is a link to our directions and map that was provided at the start of the school year. Safety first!
Car Pool Directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VT05XaE1kV2FEY00/view?usp=sharing
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.