Thursday Edition of the Falcon News
October 12, 2017
“Charity is born of the call of a God who continues to knock on our door, the door of all people, to invite us to love, to compassion, to service of one another.”
– Pope Francis
-Did you know that our computer lab is up and running and all classes will be using the lab throughout the school year for projects, learning to type, and other types of activities as a class or individual use. Please come to the PTO meeting on November 7th and stop in to see the lab if you have not had a chance to view the upgrades!
-Did you know that we have musical productions each quarter with performances by all students – grades 1 and 2 will perform their musical production on Thursday, October 19, 2017 starting at 8:15 am. Please join us to enjoy a great production directed by our music teacher, Ms. Benoit!
-Did you know that Wednesday October 18, 2017 is our next Louisiana Credit Union Day. Students can open a savings account for $5 and each month bring money to deposit in their account. A great way to teach about saving and they get a prize for each deposit. Help your child save for a something in the future . . . we have the Louisiana Credit Union at the school once a month!
-Did you know that Friday October 20, 2017 is Parent Teacher Conferences. If you have a middle school student, teachers will be available starting at 7:20 AM to assist family members schedules. Plus, October 23rd is our Fall break – no school!
-Did you know that:
- FRIDAY – October 13, 2017 is uniforms for all; Mass at 8:15 AM
- MONDAY – October 16, 2017 – wear your Colony T-shirt with uniform bottoms (Colony points awarded if you wear your shirt. If you do not have a shirt, let us know!)
- THURSDAY – October 19, 2017 – 6:00 pm – St. Joseph Catholic School’s 1st Dad’s Club Meet & Greet Social at Red River Brewing Company, 1200 Marshall St., Shreveport, LA 71101. Come out and meet other SJS Dads and our vision to make the St. Joseph Catholic School Dad’s Club successful!
- We have a request from Ms. Jennifer Deason (principal at St. Johns). She is working on her dissertation and is asking parents of students in Catholic School to complete her short survey. Please consider participating – this link will be open for two weeks: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LSXHL59
BOO BASH OCTOBER 28, 2017 FROM 5:30-8:00PM
We are starting to prepare for “Boo Bash”! You can access the forms to prepare for Boo Bash.
Letter to parents
Sponsor Form – due October 11 – PLEASE GET ANY LATE ITEMS IN BY OCTOBER 13TH
T-Shirt Order Form – due October 12 – EXTENDED UNTIL 12:00NOON ON FRIDAY 0CTOBER 13TH
Meal Form – due October 18
- October 13, 2017 – YEARBOOK ADS deadline is Friday, October 13th. All money, pictures, and messages are due by 3:30 pm that day. Any questions, contact Mrs. Wolcott.
- October 13, 2017 – End of first nine weeks
- October 17, 2017 – Fall Open House 9:00-11:00 AM and 5:30-7:00 PM
- October 18, 2017 – Louisiana Credit Union Savings Day – during lunch time in the cafeteria
- October 19, 2017 – Dad’s Club meets for 1st time at Red River Brewing Company, 1200 Marshall St., Shreveport, LA 71101
- October 20, 2017 – Parent teacher conferences – students are not in school; receive report cards during your scheduled conference. If you are a middle school parent, the middle school teachers will be available starting at 7:20 AM to assist if you want to come by early to get the report card.
- October 23, 2017 – No school – Fall Break
- October 26, 2017 – Academic Awards Program – 2:30 pm in the gym
- October 24-27, 2017 – Red Ribbon Drug and Bullying Awareness Week. See link for more information:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNGdBU09rQThhb1k/view?usp=sharing
- October 27, 2017 – Blue Mass – recognize our first responders in Mass at 8:15 am
- October 28, 2017 – Boo Bash – 5:30 – 8:00 pm – see items below to prepare for a “Boo-spectacular” time!
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
PTO EVENTS AND MEETINGS
- OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point quiz/test coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
- NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT AND PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process and meet our School Council members!
- ORDER SWEATSHIRTS here is a link to the form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
Come out to Support Our Lady Falcons!
- October 17, 2017 HOME versus St. Johns– 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 24, 2017 AT St. Marks– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
Yearbook Order Form:
8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************