Thursday Edition of the Falcon News
November 16, 2017
“A psalm of thanksgiving; Shout joyfully to the LORD, all you lands;
serve the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful song.
Know that the LORD is God, he made us, we belong to him,
we are his people, the flock he shepherds.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name; good indeed is the LORD,
His mercy endures forever, his faithfulness lasts through every generation” Psalm 100
As we prepare for our Thanksgiving break we want to wish all families a safe, wonderful week of family time and relaxation. Enjoy the fall weather and during Thanksgiving think of all the wonderful gifts God gives us every day. We are fortunate at St. Joseph Catholic School to learn with your children every day through our Faith. The blessings God gives us everyday make our school special and your children are so giving and loving that they provide the joy of being here every day as an extra special gift from God.
Here is a link to some thanksgiving prayers that you might want to share with your family on these special days and throughout the year. http://www.lords-prayer-words.com/prayers_before/thanksgiving_prayer_to_god.html#catholic
Happy Thanksgiving from the SJS staff – be safe and enjoy – God Bless!
Here is an updated “Calendar at a Glance” – version 3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dmkraLuWz2aTh4N4z1vwFnymG1vBP1Nh/view?usp=sharing (NOTE: Uniform exchange will be June 2, 2018 – we will update soon)
SJS FAMILIES, LET’S SUPPORT LOYOLA F.A.I.T.H. – Last Day is Friday November 17, 2017
We are collecting new toys and/or can food to assist families for Christmas. Please deliver in the morning so we can have Loyola pick up in the afternoon!
COME TO A FUN TENNIS ADULT MIXER!
Friday November 17, 2017
You do not have to play tennis to have a fun evening!
See the flyer and registration form at these links:
SAVE THE DATE: December 2, 2017 is our annual PTO Pancake Breakfast.
- T-shirt order form (due Friday November 17): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jERiWCMjGjaY1MIA-jluv8WMlLriLuUp/view?usp=sharing
- Order form for breakfast and other items: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12yw7MdjLSHpxfxF4aQ2w7K9sN_jcPtwG/view?usp=sharing
Do you love “wheat yeast rolls” for Thanksgiving or other holiday times?
Our Cafeteria sells their “rolls”! Order Early! See the flyer at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VekhiQU9iYmNRRGxnMTg4Wjh6Ym9CRzVMZGRV/view?usp=sharing
Let’s get those Yearbook Order Forms turned:
8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook!E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays andThursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUSBulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.