Thursday Edition of the Falcon News
January 11, 2018
“In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.” Psalm 71:1-3
To accommodate the K3A students for the remainder of school year 2017-2018 due to the damage caused after pipes broke due to the cold last week, see the following changes:
- K3A (Ms. Allison and Ms. Mills) will move into K5 house on Atlantic. This will change carpool and we will work with families on this move.
- K5 (Ms. Fowler and Ms. Nolen) will move to the main school building and take over the classroom by the office (formerly Ms. Phares, our counselors room). Carpool will change for this group also as they will now come down Patton and turn into the church parking lot.
- Ms. Phares, our counselor will move into one of our classrooms on Gremillion Hall – Ms. Patterson’s classroom. Ms. Patterson will teach Religion in the STREAM room in the afternoon.
Are you ready for some basketball!!!! Our SJS Falcons are ready for the boy’s season. Please see the list of games and plan to come out and support our Falcons! The highlighted in green lines indicate a home game. This is the most recent schedule! Let’s Go Falcons!
Is your child interested in Tennis? We are looking for an elementary coach to assist our students in grades 3-5; Ms. Hurst will be the middle school coach! The league starts in early February. See information below and contact Coach Evans if your child is interest. This flyer is from the program Querbes:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VUFVRNjhrVHdIOVo3SS12emExREhzbjRIWHdJ/view?usp=sharing
What about some Hockey? The Falcon Freeze Out Night at the Mudbugs game is set for January 26, 2018. See the flyer and order form at these links:
- Check this out – we will be having a STREAM night for all of our families:
January 30, 2018 – SJS Families STREAM Night of Fun – 5:00-7:00pm – come enjoy an evening of STREAM fun activities for all ages – Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics activities!
- Are you a runner? Are you a walker? Not a runner or walker?
No matter your running/walking style, plan to attend the PTO 4th Annual Crawfish Crawl on March 3, 2018. We will have a 1 mile fun run for children and a 5K and 10K route. Link to registration form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2ValRNdExmYm8yYmJoczZ3MjZBSHMteGdhRU9r/view?usp=sharing All funds will go to support renovations around campus. Plan to attend to enjoy some fun, maybe run or walk, and meet other SJS families and friends in the community!
Here is an updated “Calendar at a Glance” – version 4! Please note the updates to the calendar! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ONfSOHHwNvb4_1X97a2GC3fZgckCp4yi/view?usp=sharing
Reminder to follow ALL carpool directions; safety is first! It is not fair to other parents who follow the directions. If you are not sure on your carpool route, please read the carpool directions at these links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VSUw2RnR3Rjl5LTQ/view?usp=sharing
REMINDER OF EVENTS
January 12, 2018 – Pep Rally – introduce our spring sports programs – 2:30pm in the gym
January 12, 2018 – PTO Movie Night. POSTPONED! Will reschedule at a later date
January 15, 2018 – No School – MLK Holiday
January 17, 2018 – Dress down day ($3) or ($1) for jeans/nice pants/shorts – funds will be used to support Catholic Schools Week
January 18, 2018 – Boys Basketball at St. Johns, 5:00pm to 8:00pm – Come out to support our Falcons!
January 24, 2018 – Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms
January 26 – February 3, 2018 – Catholic Schools Week – event list will be provided soon
January 26, 2018 – Falcon Freeze Out – see links above to get more information. Come have some fun watching the Mudbugs!!!
January 28, 2018 – Open House 10:30am-2:00pm
January 30, 2018 – Open House 5:00-7:00pm
January 31, 2018 – Boys Basketball at HOME versus St. Johns, 5:00pm to 8:00pm – Come out to support our Falcons!
Notice to all families: Please do not park in the teachers’ parking lot as our teachers need to park in those spots! Please use the church lot when picking up students. Thanks!
YEARBOOK ORDERS – MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook! E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.