Monday Edition of the Falcon News
October 9, 2017
We pray all families had a safe, restful weekend and a wonderful day off. We look forward to seeing all students tomorrow in uniform. Other days this week:
- WEDNESDAY –October 11, 2017 is casual dress day for $3 or paid $25 year fee or $1 for jeans with uniform top ; follow guidelines in the handbook.
- THURSDAY – October 12, 2017 is spirit shirt day with uniform bottoms.
- FRIDAY – October 13, 2017 is uniforms for all; Mass at 8:15 AM
We have a request from Ms. Jennifer Deason (principal at St. Johns). She is working on her dissertation and is asking parents of students in Catholic School to complete her short survey. Please consider participating. Here is the link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LSXHL59
- October 13, 2017 – YEARBOOK ADS deadline is Friday, October 13th. All money, pictures, and messages are due by 3:30 pm that day. Any questions, contact Mrs. Wolcott.
- October 13, 2017 – End of first nine weeks
- October 20, 2017 – Parent teacher conferences – students are not in school; receive report cards during your scheduled conference. If you are a middle school parent, the middle school teachers will be available starting at 7:20 AM to assist in you coming by early to get the report card.
- October 23, 2017 – No school – Fall Break
- October 27, 2017 – Blue Mass – recognize our first responders in Mass at 8:15 am
- October 28, 2017 – Boo Bash – 5:30 – 8:00 pm – see items below to prepare for a “Boo-spectacular” time!
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
BOO BASH OCTOBER 28, 2017 FROM 5:30-8:00PM
We are starting to prepare for “Boo Bash”! The following forms and letters will be sent home in the Wednesday folders this week. You can access the forms now to prepare for Boo Bash.
Letter to parents
Sponsor Form – due October 11
T-Shirt Order Form – due October 12
Meal Form – due October 18
PTO EVENTS AND MEETINGS
PTO Fall Fundraiser
TURN IN ALL FORMS TOMORROW OCTOBER 10TH
Please support our PTO on this fundraiser as we continue to raise money for the middle school abatement and central air-conditioning. This supports all grade levels as the middle school building has the Library, Spanish, and Religion as well as middle school classrooms!
- OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
- NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT AND PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process.
- ORDER SWEATSHIRTS Form went home last Wednesday – here is a link to a copy of the form:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
Come out to Support Our Lady Falcons!
- October 10, 2017 HOME versus First Baptist– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 17, 2017 HOME versus St. Johns– 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 24, 2017 AT St. Marks– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- Yearbook Ad:
- Yearbook Order Form:
- 8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************