Monday Edition of the Falcon News
October 30, 2017
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
As we come to the end of October we want to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! Students may wear costumes tomorrow, Tuesday October 31, 2017 following the guidelines below:
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 – Halloween – students may wear Halloween costumes. REMINDER: All costumes must allow for students to utilize the restroom without assistance with the costume. Please make sure or we will have you bring a change of clothes or have student get clothes from the uniform closet. Also, no weapons or inappropriate designs. Any student wearing items that are not approved per our handbook, will be sent to the uniform closet or have a parent bring appropriate clothing. No coloring of hair or masks allowed. Leggings are not approved – students may wear blue jeans with a Halloween shirt/costume. Please refrain from face makeup.
REMINDER – left over candy can be donated to give our troops a treat! Operation Gratitude is our candy fundraiser for troops – we are collecting now and after Halloween until November 3, 2017.
NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – PTO FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT (starting at 5:30 pm) AND PTO MEETING starting at 6:00 pm. Join us for a fun “learn SJS” by participating in a scavenger hunt and then have a free spaghetti dinner in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process and meet our School Council members!
Monday, November 6 – November 10, 2017, shop at Learning Express of Shreveport and mention St. Joseph Catholic School at checkout and the school will receive 20% of sales! We are setting our goal to raise $1000 – last year SJS shoppers raised $579.20 – let’s make our goal! Money raised will be used for field trips! Learning Express Holiday Catalogs will come home in Wednesday folders this week. Shop early, shop local and support St. Joseph Catholic School!
Let’s get those Yearbook Order Forms turned:
8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
· Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook! E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
· St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
· Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
· Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
· REMINDER: a set schedule for spirit shirt days – please review so students have correct items on for the day: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTFhjOEJWaV9ESkU/view?usp=sharing
· ORDER SWEATSHIRTS here is a link to the form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************