Monday Edition of the Falcon News
October 23, 2017
“Faith makes us open to the quiet presence of God at every moment of our lives,
in every person and in every situation.”
Pope Francis, 2016
We hope all enjoyed the fall break. Parents who could not attend Parent-Teacher conferences may contact your child’s homeroom teacher to reschedule the conference to get their report card.
- TOMORROW, October 24th is the start of “Red Ribbon Week” (October 24-27, 2017). Our theme is “Your Future is Key, So Stay Drug Free” Not just for a day – but for life! Please see the link below and make sure all attire is appropriate for the day. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNGdBU09rQThhb1k/view?usp=sharing
- TOMORRW – OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point quiz/test coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
- CALENDAR CHANGE: K-Village Carnival is NOW on Thursday, October 26th at 8:15 AM in the gym. Our K-Village students will enjoy a carnival of fun and games just for them with our 8th graders running the games. Room Moms assist in so many ways – come enjoy the fun!
- THURSDAY October 26th, 2017 2:15 PM– Come see THRILLER performed by our middle school students and cheerleaders. Then stay with us for our first Academic Awards. All of this will start at 2:15 pm in the gym!
- Plan to attend Mass on Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM as we celebrate a “Blue Mass.” We will recognize our first responders. Please see the flyer for this day: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VcENPZW1GaGpJVms/view?usp=sharing
- REMINDER: BOO BASH OCTOBER 28, 2017 FROM 5:30-8:00PM – bring in items listed for each class so we have plenty of candy, snacks, and drinks! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTkozMEtDVk9kVlk/view?usp=sharing
Notes on Halloween and Service Projects:
- St. Gemma Colony is collecting candy for Common Ground all week – please mark on any candy you send in with your child/children for this collection so we ensure they get Colony Points!
- Operation Gratitude is our candy fundraiser for troops – we can collect now or after Halloween – please mark your bags for this so we get it in the right location at school!
- Boo Pops – our Student Council is raising funds to re-open the school store. The money raised with support this “re-opening”! The Student Council plan to have a cart at carpool on the days they have the “School Store”. More details soon!
- Candy for Boo Bash (grades 1-4) please mark the bag for Boo Bash!
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook! E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
- REMINDER: a set schedule for spirit shirt days – please review so students have correct items on for the day: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTFhjOEJWaV9ESkU/view?usp=sharing
PTO EVENTS AND MEETINGS
- OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point quiz/test coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
- NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT AND PTO MEETING STARTING AT 5:30 PM with the scavenger hunt and then dinner in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process and meet our School Council members!
- ORDER SWEATSHIRTS here is a link to the form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
Come out to Support Our Lady Falcons!
- October 24, 2017 AT St. Marks– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
Let’s get those Yearbook Order Forms turned:
8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************