Monday Edition of the Falcon News
October 16, 2017
“Let us therefore commit ourselves not to allow any obstacle to hinder the Father’s merciful action, and let us ask for the gift of a great faith so that we too may become signs and instruments of mercy.”
On October 19, 2017 at 8:15 a.m. our first and second grade classes will showcase their musical and drama skills with a production “Our Trip to the Mountains.” All grade levels will attend the production and we invite all family and community members to join us. This should be a great production!
Did you know that Wednesday October 18, 2017 is our next Louisiana Credit Union Day. Students can open a savings account for $5 and each month bring money to deposit in their account. A great way to teach about saving and they get a prize for each deposit. Help your child save for a something in the future . . . we have the Louisiana Credit Union at the school once a month!
Calling all “SJS Dads” – THURSDAY – October 19, 2017 – 6:00 pm –St. Joseph Catholic School’s 1st Dad‘s Club Meet & Greet Social at Red River Brewing Company, 1200 Marshall St, Shreveport, LA 71101. Come out and meet other SJS Dads and our vision to make the St. Joseph Catholic School Dad‘s Club successful!
Did you know that Friday October 20, 2017 is Parent Teacher Conferences. If you have a middle school student, teachers will be available starting at 7:20 AM to assist family members schedules. Plus, October 23rd is our fall break – no school!
BOO BASH OCTOBER 28, 2017 FROM 5:30-8:00PM – get your “Meal Form” and “Ticket/wristband” request turned in by October 18th!!!! Reminder to bring in items listed for each class so we have plenty of candy, snacks, and drinks!
· Letter to parents: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTkozMEtDVk9kVlk/view?usp=sharing
· Meal Form – due October 18: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VUkt6M3pJRFdqclk/view?usp=sharing
· St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
· We have a request from Ms. Jennifer Deason (principal at St. Johns). She is working on her dissertation and is asking parents of students in Catholic School to complete her short survey. Please consider participating – this link will be open for one more week: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LSXHL59
· October 17, 2017 – Fall Open House 9:00-11:00 AM and 5:30-7:00 PM
· October 18, 2017 – Louisiana Credit Union Savings Day – during lunch time in the cafeteria
· October 19, 2017 – Dad’s Club meets for 1st time at Red River Brewing Company, 1200 Marshall St., Shreveport, LA 71101
· October 20, 2017 – Parent teacher conferences – students are not in school; receive report cards during your scheduled conference. If you are a middle school parent, the middle school teachers will be available starting at 7:20 AM to assist if you want to come by early to get the report card.
· October 23, 2017 – No school – Fall Break
· October 26, 2017 – Academic Awards Program – 2:15 pm in the gym
· October 24-27, 2017 – Red Ribbon Drug and Bullying Awareness Week –Think Red! See link for more information:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNGdBU09rQThhb1k/view?usp=sharing
· October 27, 2017 – Blue Mass – recognize our first responders in Mass at 8:15 am
· October 28, 2017 – Boo Bash – 5:30 – 8:00 pm –prepare for a “Boo-spectacular” time!
· Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
· Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
PTO EVENTS AND MEETINGS
· OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point quiz/test coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
· NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT AND PTO MEETING STARTING AT 5:30 PM with the scavenger hunt and then dinner in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process and meet our School Council members!
· ORDER SWEATSHIRTS here is a link to the form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
Come out to Support Our Lady Falcons!
· October 17, 2017 HOME versus St. Johns– 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
· October 24, 2017 AT St. Marks– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
Let’s get those Yearbook Order Forms turned:
8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************