Monday Edition of the Falcon News
December 18, 2017
“She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus,
because he will save his people from their sins.”
SJS Families made sure that St. Vincent De Paul had all the gifts for 15 families.
Way to go Falcons!
As we prepare for the birth of Jesus, we take this time to wish all of our families a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time with families and friends. Be safe in all travels.
Many blessings from the staff at St. Joseph Catholic School!
December 19, 2017 – Christmas/holiday T-shirt/shirt (or nice shirt/sweater) with jeans ($1) or nice pants/shorts ($3) -money used to support St. Vincent De Paul families – SJS is supporting 15 families through our Colonies!
December 19, 2017 – St. Joseph Catholic Church Tapestry at 7:00 pm – Middle School Students singing – please join the church for a wonderful performance!
December 20, 2017 – Middle School Production 8:30am in the gym – “Heaven and Nature Sing”
December 20, 2017 – ½ day of school; release 11:00 K3, K4, and K5; release 11:30 – 1-8th grade; NO After School Care
December 21, 2017 – January 2, 2018 – Christmas and New Year Holidays!
Happy New Year!
January 3, 2018 – Back to School – start of the second semester of school year 2017-2018
January 9, 2018 – PTO Meeting – 6:00pm
January 10, 2018 – Report Cards sent home (first semester grades)
January 10, 2018 – Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms
January 11, 2018 – Academic Awards Ceremony – 2:15pm in the gym
January 12, 2018 – Pep Rally – introduce our Spring sports programs – 2:30pm in the gym
January 12, 2018 – PTO Movie Night. Start off at 5:30pm with S’Mores; 6:30 the movie starts. Free to all families – concessions will be sold (pizza, popcorn, drinks, candy)
January 15, 2018 – No School – MLK Holiday
January 17, 2018 – Dress down day ($3) or ($1) for jeans/nice pants/shorts – funds will be used to support Catholic Schools Week
January 24, 2018 – Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms
January 26 – February 3, 2018 – Catholic Schools Week – event list will be provided after the holidays
January 28, 2018 – Open House 9:30am-2:00pm
January 30, 2018 – Open House 5:00-7:00pm
January 30, 2018 – SJS Families STREAM Night of Fun – 5:00-7:00pm – come enjoy an evening of STREAM fun activities for all ages
Notice to all families:
- Due to some issues in the K4B (Ms. Neely’s) house, we will need to move the K4B class to the former K5B house starting January 3, 2018. Mrs. Neely and Mrs. Murray will still be the teachers. We will be looking into repairs that would not be possible with students in the house. This move will increase the number of cars during morning carpool on the parking lot side. Please be patient.
- Starting Monday, December 11, 2017 the school and church will be having a new roof installed – our area is over the office and the first and second grade hall areas. We will be assisting with carpool to ensure safety during this process. In addition, if it gets too loud in classrooms, teachers will make adjustments.
- Please do not park in the teachers’ parking lot as our teachers need to park in those spots! Please use the church lot when picking up students. Thanks!
- Are you in town December 24, 2017? Father Long is asking for assistance to decorate the church for Christmas. If interested, please come to 11:00 AMMass and stay after to assist. Father Long thinks with many hands it will only take about an hour. The more the merrier!
Here is an updated “Calendar at a Glance” – version 4! Please note the updates to the calendar!
YEARBOOK ORDERS – MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE
Did you complete the “Calendar” survey? We received 240 responses and the results show that the majority would like to keep the start of school similar to this current school year. Comments from many indicate that you would like us to follow the Caddo calendar as much as possible.
We will be working on the calendar in January and we will report after our planning sessions! Here is a link to a summary of the survey responses:https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PnqRUjb0BCaIXxWl005KqL1VpbcCWGn/view?usp=sharing
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook! E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.