Thursday, May 31, 2018
Falcon News Email
“The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
Summer time is here for our students and families. We wish all families a safe, faith-filled summer.
- The SJS office will be open Monday – Thursday 7:30am to 12:30pm and closed every Friday starting June 4, 2018.
- The SJS office will be closed the week of July 4th (July 2-6th) so our office staff can enjoy the 4th of July holiday.
- Reminder that our “Uniform Exchange” will be on July 21, 2018!
- Report cards and other end of the year items will be mailed next week – ACT Aspire assessment results are not in, and we will release those reports once they arrive.
- Reminder to students who were in grades 3-8 – you can access IXL for practice; something you might want to do when you have nothing else to do!!!! 🙂
REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019 is ongoing. Some classes are starting to fill up – ensure your child has a seat for August 13, 2018! Early registration assists with scheduling and planning for next school year – please begin and complete your registration now.
We say good-bye to some great teachers, and we wish them safe travels and also welcome to new little ones (future Falcons)! And we welcome our new staff members:
o Mrs. Hutto (a little girl soon to join their family) – new teacher is Mrs. Amy Watson
o Mrs. Flowers (a little boy soon to join their family)- new teacher – still in interview process
o Mrs. Buseick (“Bear” arrived earlier in the spring – enjoy that little one) and Ms. Black (will be around town)- new teacher is Ms. Sarah Driskill
o Mrs. Cordaro – be safe in Houston; best of luck and safe travels – new teacher is Mrs. Angie Daniel
o Mrs. Bailey (5th grade) – living in Oklahoma – new teacher is Mrs. Gabbie Sundquist
o Mrs. Machen – moving to Dallas – replacement is Mrs. Suckle
o Mrs. Suckle – switching positions – new teacher is Mrs. Cassandra Key
o Mrs. Tabor – going to be around town – new teacher is Mr. Barney Roberts
o Ms. Benoit – moving to New Orleans – new teacher is Ms. Aailyah Thomas
o Ms. Hurd – going to be around town – new teacher still in interview process
ENRICHMENTS School Year 2018-2019 – Return by Friday, June 1, 2018 by 12:00 noon
Students entering grades 6, 7, and 8 in school year 2018-2019 will receive a hard copy of enrichment class choices for next school year. Here are the links to the forms and information sheet to begin reviewing:
List of classes information sheet (updated – one sent today to all 6, 7, 8th for next year): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sYxfY3nl3lI7mPf9OOx3LygNCkD9mEYY/view?usp=sharing
REMINDERS: Please check your TADs accounts to ensure your final payments are posted. Student report cards and other items will not be released if payments are not up-to-date. Remember that tuition payments pay our teachers’ salaries – it is critical that we get accounts cleared before the summer. If you need assistance, please contact the front office to set an appointment to discuss.
- Summer Camp for students in K3-K5 Join Ms. Neely and Ms. Nolen for some summer fun! See information and registration packet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYvHJH5YdSB_NfSzrq8CImW4203KZqZv/view?usp=sharing
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – June 25-29, 2018 – contact the church office for more details
- Free Summer Meals – please see the flyer at this link if you are interested! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNUh2RVBNUmNnWTRoZlJYaVRwYlUxUXZYVUdN/view?usp=sharing
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.