Thursday, May 17, 2018
Falcon News Email
“Love one another with mutual affection, anticipate one another in showing honor.”
Please check your TADs accounts to ensure your final payments are posted. We know there is a May 20th payment being drafted soon. Student’s report cards and other items will not be released if payments are not up-to-date. Remember that tuition payments pay our teachers salaries – it is critical that we get accounts cleared before the summer. If you need assistance, please contact the front office to set an appointment to discuss.
Also, as we begin pack the majority of the classrooms for summer construction projects and for cleaning, we would love any boxes you have available!!!! Drop them off at the school during carpool in the front office or at a classroom! Thank you so much!
Please keep the Woods family (Ava – K4) in your prayers. If you would like to donate gift cards to assist the family, please drop them off at the office.
Here are the details of Perry Woods’ visitation/funeral arrangements:
Friday, May 18, 6 – 9 pm – Visitation at Boone’s Funeral Home off of Airline Dr.
Sat., May 19, 10 am – Funeral at Holy Trinity
Please continue to pray for the Woods’ family!
REMINDER – REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019 is ongoing. Some classes are starting to fill up – ensure your child has a seat for August 13, 2018!
- Early registration assists with scheduling and planning for next school year – please begin your registration now.
- New things for next school year include Kindergarten students attending full day and middle school students will be given choices for their enrichments! More details coming for school year 2018-2019!
Yearbooks were distributed today – if you still wish to purchase a yearbook, they are $45. You can purchase one tomorrow (Friday May 18th) or next week.
Our EOY CARNIVAL on May 18, 2018 is planned and it appears the weather will be sunny and hot! We are so excited for this event! A flyer went home in the Wednesday folders – we plan to have students wear their Field Day T-shirts with shorts/socks/tennis shoes! REMEMBER, STAY FOR THE 8TH GRADERS PEP RALLY starting at 1:30pm!!!!
- Mass at 8:15am – last school Mass for our 8th graders
- 9:15am (approximately) – students return to classrooms
- 9:30am – we will begin the Carnival; it will last until 1:30pm
o Lunch will be provided in the cafeteria (regular prices for students and parents) and will consist of corndogs, hotdogs, French fries, fruit cup, milk. We will take a count of who will want lunch the morning of May 18th – please make sure your order is given (student and adults)!
o Lunch schedule (tentative)– if you have children in different grade levels and you want to eat as a family, please coordinate with teachers to select the time to eat; preferably with the youngest child
- 10:20am for K3
- 10:25am for K4
- 10:30am for K5
- 11:00am for grade 1
- 11:10am for grade 2
- 11:20am for grade 3
- 11:45am for grade 4
- 11:50am for grade 5
- 12:15pm for grade 8
- 12:20pm for grade 7
- 12:25pm for grade 8
We have all “bouncy items from Duvall’s donated for the event” from SoundMinds/Bushnell Family – thank you; and from a Falcon Family, we had tents and games donated. Our room moms have really “jumped” to this new event at SJS! Thank you so much to Mr. and Mrs. Tom and Camille Jones for getting the Carnival preparations ready!
EVENTS – MEETINGS – DRESS DAYS – ETC.
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES AND DETAILS FOR MANY ITEMS!
- May 18, 2018 – 8th grade final day; EOY Carnival for all students plus special events for 8th graders – see the 8th graders play volleyball and then a Pep Rally you do not want to miss! Students will be able to wear Field Day T-shirts with nice/appropriate length shorts plus socks and tennis shoes (more details on Thursday)
- May 23, 2018 – 8th grade graduation 5:00-7:00pm
- May 23, 2018 – Spirit Shirt Day with uniform bottoms
- May 24, 2018 – K5 graduation at 8:00 am
- May 24, 2018 – Academic Awards at 2:15pm
- May 25, 2018 – last day of school – ½ day; no After School Care
- Summer Camp for students in K3-K5 Join Ms. Neely and Ms. Nolen for some summer fun! See information and registration packet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYvHJH5YdSB_NfSzrq8CImW4203KZqZv/view?usp=sharing
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – June 25-29, 2018 – contact the church office for more details
St. Joseph Catholic School has many opportunities for families to assist the school through many venues: Kroger Rewards Card (shop at Kroger’s and use your reward card and make sure you selected SJS in your profile so a percentage is given back to the school); AmazonSmile (shop through AmazonSmile and a percentage is given back to SJS); and you can always give through our Annual Fund!
Reminder – Carpool Directions are in place for safety. Use crosswalks! Please make sure you driving correctly as your drop off and pick up your children. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcQeFL3x4mlkCIZW73pDqK5NGAx1UOHT/view?usp=sharing
Notice to all families: Please do not park in the teachers’ parking lot as our teachers need to park in those spots! Please use the church lot when picking up students. Thanks!
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook!E-mail Dr. McGimsey (email@example.com) with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUSBulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.