Thursday, March 22, 2018
Falcon News Email
Lord, all I want is to be faithful to you in my life, but so often I fail.
Free me from my many sins and guide me to the life I will share with you.
I wait for your promise to be fulfilled
with great hope in my heart and your praise on my lips.
Tomorrow – March 23, 2018 we will release early – after we feed the students lunch.
- K3, K4, and K5 release at 12:00noon
- Grades 1-8 release at 12:30pm
Teachers will participate in a professional development after the students leave. NO After School Care.
This Sunday, March 25, 2018 is Palm Sunday, the beginning of Holy Week. For Catholics, this is the holiest time of the year, and therefore it is very important to focus our personal time and effort on our faith. St. Joseph Parish Holy Week and Easter Schedule is provided for you here: http://stjosephchurch.net/2018-lenten-schedule/
Since we will be on spring break next week, the faculty and administration wish you and your family a Happy Easter on April 1st and enjoy spring break. Classes will resume on April 3rd.
REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019
Register now for school year 2018-2019. Early registration fees are in effect – cost goes up April 1, 2018. If your family might need financial assistance, you MUST register in TADS and indicate this prior to March 31, 2018. Early registration assists with scheduling and planning for next school year – please begin your registration now. New things for next school year include Kindergarten students attending full day and middle school students will be given choices for their enrichments! More details coming for school year 2018-2019!
EVENTS AND RAFFLES
- Would you like a chance to win Tuition for a year? Purchase your tickets now – winner drawn at Field Day, April 27, 2018 – – – Tuition Raffle of School Year 2018-2019 – $20 a ticket! See form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VTFhVNWp6SDhHV1pfR1o4aXltN2pPR1BDMWFJ/view?usp=sharing
- April 4, 2018 – 5th Grade Brunch & DARE Graduation Parent Meeting at 5:30pm – see flyer that went home with students: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6YMv95R5Kf1Euv9Ekdo1Fjf09deU-VA/view?usp=sharing
- Saturday April 14, 2018 – PTO Mother/Son and Father/Daughter Dance from 6-8pm. We hope you can make it and your date is ready to dance with you! See the flyer to sign up now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i5D6H5rBhlbnQCcu9IflIXMIQSBiWy1L/view?usp=sharing
- Friday April 20, 2018 –PTO Movie Night (rescheduled) – more details later!
- Do you like Maroon 5? Would you like a chance to win tickets? See the order form to enter drawing for 4 tickets plus lodging: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MdPFtVZJkLhif2L0KP0na5qaukXHwk_u/view?usp=sharing
- Kindergarten Mud Day, April 20, 2018 for our K5 students: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jERX4v-HC_4ei_n1SkuE6Bs-3bLa-kjJ/view?usp=sharing
- Summer Camp for students in K3-K5 Join Ms. Neely and Ms. Nolen for some summer fun! See information and registration packet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYvHJH5YdSB_NfSzrq8CImW4203KZqZv/view?usp=sharing
Reminder – Carpool Directions are in place for safety. Use crosswalks! Please make sure you driving correctly as your drop off and pick up your children. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcQeFL3x4mlkCIZW73pDqK5NGAx1UOHT/view?usp=sharing
SCHOOL LUNCH REMINDER
IT”S NEVER TOO LATE… It’s never too late within the school year to apply for Free & Reduced Meals; applications are being accepted. If your family income has been adversely affected by the economy, please pickup a Free & Reduced Meal Application in your school office. Or contact Associate Superintendent, Sr. Ann Middlebrooks, SEC (318) 219-7298.
Notice to all families: Please do not park in the teachers’ parking lot as our teachers need to park in those spots! Please use the church lot when picking up students. Thanks!
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook!E-mail Dr. McGimsey (email@example.com) with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUSBulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.