Monday Edition of the Falcon News
October 2, 2017
“All that the LORD wills he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and in all the deeps.”
Congratulations to our Cross Country Runners on Saturday at Calvary Baptist Church – so proud of how you ran in your first Cross Country meet this season! Keep running. Thanks Sarah Lopez for your coaching!
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 is “Spirit” shirt day with uniform bottoms.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017 is “Western Theme – Dress Casual” day. If you paid $25 for the year, you owe nothing; if you did not pay for this day, the cost is $3 to dress out of uniform and join us for a “western” day to support the book fair!
CHANGE FOR FRIDAY MASS – Students will participate in a Living Rosary at 8:15 am October 6, 2017 in front of the Athletic Center. Students will lead us through the Rosary and release a balloon rosary at the end. Please join us for this event as we celebrate Our Lady of the Rosary.
Join St. Joseph Catholic Church on Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 2:00 pm for a Multicultural Rosary. See flyer:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VUXF4R3Foa0QxbEk/view?usp=sharing
BOO BASH OCTOBER 28, 2017 FROM 5:30-8:00PM
We are starting to prepare for “Boo Bash”! The following forms and letters will be sent home in the Wednesday folders this week. You can access the forms now to prepare for Boo Bash.
Letter to parents
Sponsor Form – due October 11
T-Shirt Order Form – due October 12
Meal Form – due October 18
PTO EVENTS AND MEETINGS
PTO Fall Fundraiser
ERROR ON DUE DATE – OCTOBER 9TH WE ARE OUT OF SCHOOL – TURN IN ALL FORMS EITHER OCTOBER 6TH OR OCTOBER 10TH
Please support our PTO on this fundraiser as we continue to raise money for the middle school abatement and central air-conditioning. This supports all grade levels as the middle school building has the Library, Spanish, and Religion as well as middle school classrooms!
- SEPTEMBER 29-OCTOBER 7, 2017 – REVEL AND PIZZALETTAS – buy Pizzalettas at the Revel. After the Revel, we will have a sign-up sheet if you want to purchase Pizzalettas – more to come on this! Check out Booth #9 – we are advertised in the Revel handout!!! Let’s go Falcons!
- OCTOBER 24, 2017 – PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Receive a 5-point coupon or jeans pass if a parent attends the meeting
- NOVEMBER 7, 2017 – FREE SPAGHETTI DINNER WITH SCAVENGER HUNT AND PTO MEETING AT 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Join us as we learn about the Continuous School Improvement Process.
- ORDER SWEATSHIRTS Form went home last Wednesday – here is a link to a copy of the form:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VVUdQcklDbkE3anc/view?usp=sharing
Look out, Partner, there’s a new BOOK FAIR in town! And we need your help to pull it off! Please follow the link below to sign up to help in the Library during our Wild West Book Fair. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/4090F48ABAA2BA5FA7-wild
Come out to Support Our Lady Falcons!
- October 5, 2017 HOME versus Southfield– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 10, 2017 HOME versus First Baptist– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 17, 2017 HOME versus St. Johns– 6pm (5th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- October 24, 2017 AT St. Marks– 5pm (5th); 6pm (6th); 7pm (7th); 8pm (8th)
- Yearbook Ad:
- Yearbook Order Form:
- 8th Grade Yearbook Reminders:
*****Please follow the Carpool Directions and Map******
*************Safety for our families******************
- October 6, 2017 – Living Rosary to celebrate “Our Lady of the Rosary” at 8:15 am in place of Mass
- October 8, 2017 – St. Joseph Catholic Church – Multicultural Rosary at 2:00 pm
- October 9, 2017 – Students will not be in school – Teacher and Staff Professional Development day at the Diocese Office
- October 13, 2017 – End of first nine weeks
- October 20, 2017 – Parent teacher conferences – students are not in school; receive report cards
- October 23, 2017 – No school – Fall Break
- October 28, 2017 – Boo Bash – 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.