Monday, May 21, 2018
Falcon News Email
“Blessed be the name of the Lord both now and forever.
From the rising of the sun to its setting
let the name of the Lord be praised.”
As we begin the last week of school year 2017-2018, we want to keep you up-to-date on the final events.
- May 23, 2018 – 8th grade graduation 5:00-7:00pm – 8th grade students are to arrive at the school cafeteria by 4:30pm. Wear Sunday dress under your graduation gowns
- May 23, 2018 – Spirit Shirt Day with uniform bottoms
- May 24, 2018 – K5 graduation at 8:00 am in the gym
- May 24, 2018 – Academic Awards at 2:15pm
- May 25, 2018 – last day of school – ½ day; no After School Care; grades K3, K4, and K5 released at 11:00am; grades 1-7 released at 11:30am
ENRICHMENTS School Year 2018-2019
Students entering grades 6, 7, and 8 in school year 2018-2018 will receive a hard copy of enrichment class choices for next school year. Here are the links to the forms and information sheet to begin reviewing:
List of classes information sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVNsNs6xJwtbJcREUo53BZqtiSQQszfs/view?usp=sharing
***Mr. Eric could use some assistance with moving many items around campus on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – an hour or two is appreciated from any family member****
- Please check your TADs accounts to ensure your final payments are posted. We know there is a May 20th payment being drafted soon. Student’s report cards and other items will not be released if payments are not up-to-date. Remember that tuition payments pay our teachers salaries – it is critical that we get accounts cleared before the summer. If you need assistance, please contact the front office to set an appointment to discuss.
- Also, as we begin pack the majority of the classrooms for summer construction projects and for cleaning, we would love any boxes you have available!!!! Drop them off at the school during carpool in the front office or at a classroom! Thank you so much!
- Please keep the Woods family (Ava – K4) in your prayers. If you would like to donate gift cards to assist the family, please drop them off at the office.
REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019 is ongoing. Some classes are starting to fill up – ensure your child has a seat for August 13, 2018!
- Early registration assists with scheduling and planning for next school year – please begin your registration now.
- New things for next school year include Kindergarten students attending full day and middle school students will be given choices for their enrichments! More details coming for school year 2018-2019!
- Summer Camp for students in K3-K5 Join Ms. Neely and Ms. Nolen for some summer fun! See information and registration packet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYvHJH5YdSB_NfSzrq8CImW4203KZqZv/view?usp=sharing
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – June 25-29, 2018 – contact the church office for more details
REMEMBER – even in the summertime, St. Joseph Catholic School has many opportunities for families to assist the school through many venues: Kroger Rewards Card (shop at Kroger’s and use your reward card and make sure you selected SJS in your profile so a percentage is given back to the school); AmazonSmile (shop through AmazonSmile and a percentage is given back to SJS); and you can always give through our Annual Fund!
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUSBulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.