Thank you for your interest in joining the St. Joseph Catholic School Family! To submit an application, click “Application Form” below and fill in all fields.
Our teachers believe every student can and will achieve. They are knowledgeable in subject matter and methods, and continuously develop their comprehension and skills knowledge in these areas. They teach with enthusiasm, which inspires a curiosity in students and encourages them to learn. We recruit prospective teachers for St. Joseph Catholic School who have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a field related to the subject they hope to teach. The degree must be from an accredited college or university. Preference is given to:
- Practicing Roman Catholics
- Candidates with Louisiana State certification in Education
- Those with a Master’s degree in education or their chosen field.
Applicants must successfully clear a background check.
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit the following documents:
- The teacher employment application.
- Attach a cover letter, which should be no more than 500 words. It should address what makes you a good candidate to serve as a teacher in a Catholic school and what is your primary motivation for applying for this opportunity. It should describe your teaching style, including classroom management, planning and delivery of instruction, and assessment.
- Attach a current resume that includes education as well as work experience.