Thursday, April 20, 2017 Falcon News Information
“Then [Jesus] opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.”
– Luke 24:45
REMINDER: Tuition payments – make sure all accounts are current as we approach the end of the school year. Students will not be allowed to go on end of the year field trips if tuition payments are not current. 8th grade students’ accounts must be paid in full by May 13, 2017 to participate in graduation and end of the year activities and class trip.
After-School Care fees for the month of May will NOT be billed through TADS. Payment for ASC fees are to be made in the school office. Contact Peggy Gremillion during the last school-week in May (22nd – 26th) for your balance owed (865-3585 or email@example.com).
ACT ASPIRE Assessments for students in grades 3 – 8. The ACT ASPIRE includes five assessments that will measure student academic knowledge in English/Language Art, Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Writing. A schedule will be provided to the teachers and students next week to know what assessment the students will take each day. Please make sure your student is rested and prepared for these assessments on the following days:
- Tuesday, April 25
- Wednesday, April 26
- Thursday, April 27
- Tuesday, May 2
- Wednesday, May 3
- Make-up assessments will be on Thursday May 4
Join us for a great Talent Show!
- Talent Show Applications due on Friday, April 21, 2017 to Ms. Benoit!
- Talent Show Practice: Tuesday, April 25 from 3:15-4:00 pm in the gym
- Talent Show: Thursday, April 27 in the gym starting at 2:00 pm
“A Kid’s Choice” a program being offered at SJS in school year 2017-2018. Details available at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2Vc2FuTUNtRWhTWTQ/view?usp=sharing
REMINDER: April 28, 2017 is Field Day (1/2 day of school). Students will report to Messmer Field with carpool starting at 7:20 am. Pick-up from Field Day is between 12:00-12:30pm. All students must be picked up by 12:30 pm.
Tuition Raffle: Win a year with no tuition payments – each ticket is $20. Proceeds go to pay for the tuition and remaining monies to fix up the playgrounds and other landscaping items!
SAVE THE DATES – EVENTS AT SJS –IN 2017
- April 25, 26, 27, and May 2, 3, and 4 – ASPIRE testing – please plan to be on time for school these days.
- April 26, 2017 – 5th Graders graduation from D.A.R.E. – 2:15 pm in FLC
- April 28, 2017 (1/2 day) – Field Day at Messmer!
- May 3, 2017 – Sports Banquet – in the Family Life Center (FLC) – 6:00 pm. Flyer to order your dinner has been sent home – make sure your order is sent to the school!
- May 5, 2017 – Kindergarten pictures in the AM
- May 10, 2017 – Mother’s Day Mass – 9:45 am
- May 12, 2017 – KVillage (K3, K4, K5) Performance – in the morning (TBD)
- May 15-18, 2017 – 8th Graders Final Exams
- May 19, 2017 – 8th Graders last day – Pep Rally
- May 24, 2017 – 8th Grade Graduation 5:00-7:00 pm
- May 25, 2017 – K5 Graduation 8:00 am
- May 26, 2017 – Last day of school for K3-7th graders; dismiss 11:00 am for K3-K5 and dismiss at 11:30 am for grades 1-7
School Year 2017-2018 Calendar and Registration
- Please see theSchool Year 2017-2018 Calendar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VUjVBdDEwZG8wcHc/view?usp=sharing
- See the link for a registration packet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VNWN1QXBkRnJBdjNVQ3pDUXJKZUI5a3FSWENZ/view?usp=sharing
COLONY UPDATES – Email Groups have been created in Plus Portals for emails to be sent to group members and families. Watch for emails on your child’s colony service project and upcoming events!
NEW Point Totals!
- St. Gemma (Dark Green) – 1132 points
- St. Thomas Aquinas (Kelly Green)- 1103 points
- St. Katharine Drexel (Light Blue) – 1098 points
- St. Augustine (Red) – 1089 points
- St. Genevieve (Navy) – 1084
- St. Margaret (Teal) – 1014 points
- St. John (Orange) – 1002 points
- St. Paul (Purple) – 945 points
o May 18th – students will wear their Colony T-shirt; participate in an activity for points!
o May 26th – announcement of the “Colony Cup” Winners!
GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMP – April 29, 2017
All girls who will be in grades 4-8 next school year are invited to a one day basketball camp – April 29, 2017. Here is an online link (http://www.hallofhoops.com/) to register your student if they want to attend! Please sign up early – limited space for this great camp!
Remember to follow all carpool directions. Here is a link to our directions and map that was provided at the start of the school year. Safety first!
Car Pool Directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VT05XaE1kV2FEY00/view?usp=sharing
Announcement from the Diocese of Shreveport
The Diocese of Shreveport has set up an anonymous and completely confidential phone line for you to report instances of known or suspected misuse of parish, school or diocesan assets including fraud, excessive waste or abuse. The number is (318) 219-7222. This line goes directly to a voicemail that is addressed only to Bishop Duca. Call this number to report incidents and be assured that Bishop Duca will act on the information in a confidential manner to make positive changes.
Asbestos containing building materials are located within St. Joseph Catholic School. In their present condition, they present no hazard to school occupants. An Asbestos Management Plan has been developed to prevent the asbestos from becoming a hazard, and you may find this document on file in the school office. The plan is available for inspection upon request and appointment.
IPM Program – St. Joseph Catholic School participates in the Louisiana Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. Please contact the school office if your child is hypersensitive to standard pest control products.