Monday Edition of the Falcon News
January 8, 2018
“Give to the LORD, you sons of God, give to the LORD glory and praise,
Give to the LORD the glory due his name; adore the LORD in holy attire.”
Come to the PTO Meeting tomorrow night – 6:00pm. We will stream “live” on Facebook. Jeans pass and 5 point coupon for those who comment on an item they hear from the meeting!
Reminder to follow ALL carpool directions; safety is first! It is not fair to other parents who follow the directions. If you are not sure on your carpool route, please read the carpool directions at these links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JGIzkUY_2VSUw2RnR3Rjl5LTQ/view?usp=sharing
What are you doing Friday January 12, 2018??? Come to SJS to Despicable Me 3! And 8th graders can earn service hours if they work a shift!
- Our PTO Movie night will begin at 5:30pm with S’Mores ($1 for the fixins) and then at 6:30pm the movie will start.
- Concessions are all a $1 – pizza, popcorn, candy, soft drinks, and water!
Come have a fun evening!
- Check this out – we will be having a STREAM night for all of our families
January 30, 2018 – SJS Families STREAM Night of Fun – 5:00-7:00pm – come enjoy an evening of STREAM fun activities for all ages – Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics activities!
- Are you a runner? Are you a walker? Not a runner or walker?
No matter your running/walking style, plan to attend the PTO 4th Annual Crawfish Crawl on March 3, 2018. We will have a 1 mile fun run for children and a 5K and 10K route. Link to register will be coming soon! All funds will go to support renovations around campus. Plan to attend to enjoy some fun, maybe run or walk, and meet other SJS families and friends in the community!
Here is an updated “Calendar at a Glance” – version 4! Please note the updates to the calendar! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ONfSOHHwNvb4_1X97a2GC3fZgckCp4yi/view?usp=sharing
REMINDER OF EVENTS
January 9, 2018 – PTO Meeting – 6:00pm
January 10, 2018 – Report Cards sent home (first semester grades)
January 10, 2018 – Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms
January 11, 2018 – Academic Awards Ceremony – 2:15pm in the gym
January 12, 2018 – Pep Rally – introduce our spring sports programs – 2:30pm in the gym
January 12, 2018 – PTO Movie Night- DESPICABLE ME 3! Start off at 5:30pm with S’Mores; 6:30 the movie starts. Free to all families – concessions will be sold (pizza, popcorn, drinks, candy)
January 15, 2018 – No School – MLK Holiday
January 17, 2018 – Dress down day ($3) or ($1) for jeans/nice pants/shorts – funds will be used to support Catholic Schools Week
January 24, 2018 – Spirit shirt with uniform bottoms
January 26 – February 3, 2018 – Catholic Schools Week – event list will be provided soon
January 28, 2018 – Open House 10:30am-2:00pm
January 30, 2018 – Open House 10:00am-2:00pm, 5:00-7:00pm
Notice to all families: Please do not park in the teachers’ parking lot as our teachers need to park in those spots! Please use the church lot when picking up students. Thanks!
YEARBOOK ORDERS – MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE
- Did your child earn an award for their extracurricular activities (swimming, soccer, horseback riding, 4H, etc)? Let us know so we can include them in the Falcon Forum, Yearbook or Facebook! E-mail Greg Beauclair, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the event, what prizes/awards were won and any pictures you took at the event.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church “Sowing” has limited advertising spots available. Any SJS family that has a business and wants to advertise can call Ray Kelly at the church office or his cell phone (504-338-3058).
- Tutoring grades 2-8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:10-4:00 pm in the library. Students must have items to work on (not just homework) that Loyola students can assist the students. Make sure students know they are to go to tutoring and communicate this with homeroom teachers. Students not picked up by 4:00 pm will be sent to After School Care and charges will be applied to accounts.
- Protecting God’s Children (PGC) and VIRTUS Bulletins – make sure you have taken PGC and remain current on VIRTUS bulletins as this is a requirement through the Diocese for participation for field trips, volunteering at the school, coaching, and/or other times being around students of SJS.